Pad Thai with Chicken and Prawn Recipe (Pad Thai Gai)
- ½ tbsp. Light Thai soya sauce
- 1 tsp. Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Ground Thai chili, sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp. Oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. Spring onion
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp. Tamarind
- 1-2 tbsp. Coconut sugar
- ½ tbsp. Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp.Peanut oil or another oil
- 1 tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped shallot
- 100 gm. Dried rice stick noodles
- 1 cup Bean sprouts
- 2 tsp. Ground roasted peanut (mash)
- 1 pc.of Lime (cut into wedges)
- ½ tsp. Chili powder
- Various vegetables of your pref. (green beans, carrots, pumpkin etc) except tomatoes and onion
- 100 gm. Chicken sliced finely and whole king prawns
- 1 whole Egg
- Combine light soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce and mix with rice noodles.
- Boil water with tamarind, coconut sugar, shallot, salt for 5 minutes, to create the sauce.
- Heat a non-stick wok (or frying pan) over high heat and add peanut oil, swirling to coat the entire surface. Heat oil for 1 minute and add shallots, garlic stir-frying for 1 minute or until golden yellow in colour. Add the chicken, hard vegetables (potato, pumpkin, carrot) and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Add the rice noodles and the sauce mixture from step 1. Use chopsticks to stir the noodles and ingredients together. Also put a small amount of water/chicken stock to loosen. Get the spatula under the noodles, lift them up and flip them over (this will keep the noodles from breaking). Continue using the chopsticks and spatula, flipping and stirring the noodles for 3 minutes, or until they’re soft.
- Add the vegetables flip and stir for 2 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and stir constantly for 10 seconds. Turn off the gas.
- Make scrambled eggs on one side of the pan and then mix into the pad thai.
- Serve hot with ground peanuts, fresh lime wedges, fresh bean sprouts and chili powder
Link to YouTube street food time lapse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Medpw-As1es/